Thursday, June 19, 2008

Notes: Evening of Thurs June 19th

It's 11 pm. I'm in Logan, and tomorrow mornng I'll start running the Wasatch Back Relay. I'm excited, nervous, and already looking forward to seeing my son at the finish line. I know it won't push me as hard as the marathon's did, but I know that I will be pushing myself toward the end of it, and I'm looking forward to finding out how I do against that challenge. I can't help but feel like this is the end of something - it is the end of a goal I have had for so long (only 5 months, but until this year, I didn't realize how long 5 months could be). It's the culmination of my stubbornness. And so I am already thinking of what to try next...marathon before surgery? Ironman at the beginning of next year? If I don't have something to strive for, I will become nothing but the sickness. This is the only way to rise above. The only way to stake out something that is mine beyond it. To show that it cannot stop me.

Fuck Cancer. Bring on the run.

1 comment:

Ricky and Karen said...

I just read the online article and apparently you are now married to someone named Terry???? As for the run being the end, trust me Dov, it is just the beginning. It will open your mind to other possibilities, other dimensions, other experiences. As you allow more people into your life, your life changes. You will determine what those changes will be. And there is Waterton......