Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday, February 05, 2008: Day 18 - Post-diagnosis

I ran 3.5 miles today – trying to get back to normal work a little, but my mind keeps wandering. I spoke with Robert a bit today – a lot about how people offer to do things for you – take care of kids, bring you food, etc… Robert said that he has learned that you accept that – he says to accept and enjoy what people offer. I think this is going to be a very tough part of it for me.

I’ve also been asked by a few people if they can include me on church lists for group prayer, and I’ve been told by several people that they are praying for me. Not sure how to feel about that. I appreciate the sentiment, but it feels really strange to have people praying for me when I don’t believe in their God, or maybe any God in the way most people think of it. I think when you get down to it, it is more for them than it is for me, and I’m okay with that.

No comments: